Feb 11, 2007

Celebrating the Weather

The weather today was just out of the world... no sun and amazing wind throughout the day... and then it rained in the evening!!... i just love when it rains... everything is so fresh and green... makes you want to dance!!.. so after a very very long time today (i am so lazy that its not even funny) i went for a walk in the park with my sister.. just the 2 of us... female bonding!!... lol... she has exams coming up so she needed the break and im always game for going out... yes even if its just to the park... so the 2 of us just walked around and talked about a lot of stuff... music, movies, relatives, guys, friends, future... the usual stuff... shes a little younger so i give her advice sometimes and she likes hearing about my college and friends... just the cold breeze blowing against our faces and being so close to nature was what made it all the more magical... so it was the perfect sunday. i realized that i have tests from tomorrow but even that failed to dampen my spirits today... it doesnt feel like new delhi in february at all... the only thing missing was a long drive down an empty road (now thats wishful thinking... the traffic here is killing!!)...

someone once asked me which one i like better... summer or winter??... i said rain!!... it always matches up to my mood... its just about how i perceive it... if im happy i imagine the little droplets of water dancing with me in joy and when im down in the dumps i feel like it knows my pain and is crying with me... Sad rain(read: when im sad and it rains) always reminds me of 2 things...

1. a quote by Charlie Chaplin that goes like this...
"I love walking in the rain 'cause no one knows im crying"

2. a line from the song November Rain by Guns N Roses...
"Cause nothing lasts forever,
Even cold november rain."

i know its conflicting that while the first reminds me that im upset and hurt, the second has an optimistic take on things... but thats just how it is... I LOVE RAIN!!!... Period.

No comments: