Feb 19, 2007

Birthday Blues!!!

My birthday is almost here and people keep asking me what i want as a present... and there's nothing i can come up with... and not just because they ask out of formality(yes!!... people do that... always!!!... even when they don't know when your birthday exactly is!!) but because i don't really want anything materialistic!!!... simple things would mean much more to me... The only thing I would like is a surprise birthday party but that isn't something I can say I want... can I???.... :-P... so here's a list of things i would actually like this year-

  • Artificial Flowers - Every year I get real flowers that die in a few days... I'd like something that was different from what everyone else always gets... something i wouldn't have to throw away in a couple of days...
  • A Handmade Card - doesn't have to be artistic... just a simple 'Happy Birthday' scribbled on a piece of paper would work better than an Archie's or Hallmark card... its just about the effort...
  • CD - I do have all the music I listen to but would be nice if someone took out the time to write a CD for me that includes songs I like/ songs they like/ songs they think I might like/ songs that remind me of them or the other way round... etc.. etc..
  • A Surprise visit from someone i don't expect to meet on the day - A surprise is a surprise is a surprise is a....!!!
  • A Homemade Cake - Every year they get me a cake(sometimes even 2-3 when people cant figure out what to get) from a fancy 5-star bakery... I would love a homemade cake...
  • A Warm Hug - from people I care about and who care about me... not just from anyone!!!
  • A Song - just the thought of someone singing for me is awesome...
  • A List of things people like about me - Come on... there's gotta be something or you wouldn't have bothered giving me a gift!!!... ;-)
  • A Photo Collage - a reminder of the good times we've shared...

And I dub thee "Queen of Wishful Thinking".... I have way too many expectations!!... What I really need to get is a LIFE!!!...

1 comment:

Debasish said...

You visited my blog... Hope you come back often. Also you cracked my quiz at the nsit-qc blog. Cool! Don't know that many girls who are into quizzing.
Couple of quizzes at Moksha, NSIT from 22nd to 25th February
see www.moksha07.com for details.