May 13, 2008

Exam tom. and this is what im doing!!

[Note to self: mind your own business!!]

Characters-
my best friend: A
guy: X
me
the gang

the back story,
so there's this guy i know who lies left, right and center(i love the phrase :-P).. X can hardly even keep track of everything he's said.. but not all my friends can see through it.. mostly just me and A, who also happens to be the object of X's unwanted affections.. X calls me his "best buddy".. another thing about X is that he happens to spend a lot.. no one knows where that money comes from (he claims to own his own business!!), but he spends left, right and center(lol).. be it lunches or drinks or even presents.. he basically goes the whole nine yards for everyone's attention.. impresses almost everyone.. A warns me to be wary of this guy..
[Note to self- there are no free lunches.]
i agree and keep my distance.. X suddenly becomes everybody's best friend..
[Note to self- everyone's best friend is no one's.]
A becomes quite uncomfortable with all of X's attention and the lies he tells the gang about how she gives him 'signals'.. she hardly talks to X despite his million attempts..

fast forward to last week,
i chance upon X' email password without even intending to..
[Note to self- what an idiot would keep their name as their password!!]
i dont really care what he's doing with his life but i dont trust him.. so i search my name in his chats (i'd like to thank google for gmail!!) just to know what he thinks about his "best buddy".. i find out that he's been telling the gang that i apparently have been telling lies about him to A and thats the reason she doesn't talk to him.. convinces the gang of what a total gossip i am who just bitches about people behind their backs left, right and center(last time.. its kinda wearing off now).. no one in the gang has the balls to come up to me and ask if its true..
[Note to self- technology can be quite a bitch!!]
i've never been accused of being diplomatic or not speaking my mind.. some of the gang start hating me.. a few are more practical in thinking its not about them and are the same with me.. i tell A everything as usual and she laughs at the thought of me filling her up against someone.. makes me realize that there is no point in confronting the gang because they are still sweet to me on my face.. tells me to just forget all this but be careful of who i trust in the future..
[Note to self- most people suck!!]

The worst part is that in a way X sort of bought his way in and even people who bitched about him are suddenly his best friends.. im just glad (thanks to a lot of convincing by A that im not a bad person) that i found out in due time and now im probably wiser.. that last thought kinda makes me laugh too!!..
[Note to self- money makes the world go round!!]

I hate the hypocrisy and the fact that people use money to get their way with things.. no more complaining about corruption in the government.. there's so much more corruption in everyday life.. My life seems to be on the way to becoming an 'Ekta Kapoor' drama.. which is nothing to be proud of!!


Moral of the story - MIND YOU OWN DAMN BUSINESS!!!




P.S- i just felt like using a lot of colours.. :-P

5 comments:

lemon said...

whoa!

how did you catch his password though?

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!! 'A' loves 'ME' a lot..trust me saying jus amazing isnt enuf fr u.

n ya password.. lol tht ws quite a divine intevention

Anonymous said...

hey, i had an uncle who used to be just that.... going on making up stories about you that dont resemble the truth, just because he thought we (mom and i) were the reason noone liked him... th truth was 'he was a fake'

in fact things were/are really bad at our end... but we learnt to live with it.... and now, people do see through the lies easily, so no harm.....

ab

Priyanca said...

intresting style of writing...liked it.

cheers

Irreversibly Screwed said...

@ lemonade
some people never learn and think that keeping their name as their password is "cool".. i dont know anyone out of 2nd grade who would do that!!...

@ anonymous
i know sweety!!.. though a lot of it is thanks to u!!..

@ ab
what is it with the world??.. i like the way u dealt with it hough.. just learn to live with it!!.. im not even bothering myself anymore!!.. im much happier!!.. :-)

@ priyanka
thanks..